Thursday Night Wedge Run
Due to road construction, we will be running at the Wedge Brewing Company’s Foundation location at 5 Foundy Street. It’s just a half mile down from the original brewery. Check out this map.
Join us every Thursday at 6:15 pm for our group run at Wedge Brewing Company in Asheville's River Arts District. Runners of all abilities are welcomed for this self-paced, self-guided jaunt along the French Broad River. The run follows a route that is 7.5 miles out-and-back, but turn around whenever you want for a shorter option.
While we are spoiled with an abundance of single track trails, fire roads, and dirt roads in and around Asheville, flat road runs are harder to find. The Wedge Run was started in the Spring of 2012 to put a flat run on the calendar every week on a no-brainer out-and-back route. Oh yeah - we like finishing the run at a brewery, too.
We realize that Wedge Run has had a reputation of being a hammerfest. There is some truth to that - for many runners it is a good opportunity to go fast with friends. However, every week there are athletes of all abilities running a variety of paces and distances. This run is a great venue for an easy short jog, a long run, or anything in-between.
Tweet, Post, Share, Link, Like, etc... #WedgeRun
- 6:15 pm
- Meet in the Wedge at Foundation parking lot.
- Run is self-guided and self-paced.
- Route is out-and-back from Wedge to the end of the Hominy Creek Greenway (7.5 miles). 3, 4, 6 mile options available by turning around early!
- New runners get a FREE beer (courtesy of the Asheville Running Collective).
- Directions to Wedge Brewing