Western States Prediction Contest
1. Jennifer - 170 points (men 60, women 110) Pride Winner!
2. Natalie - 168 (men 58, women 110)
3. Mark - 140 (men 69, women 71) Beer Winner!
4. Scott - 104 (men -6, women 110)
5. Matt - 94 (men 69, women 25)
6. Brian - 90 (men 30, women 60)
7. Christopher - 69 (men 34, women 35) Won Tie Breaker
8. Rich - 69 (men 9, women 60)
9. Jay - 62 (men 17, women 45)
10. Keith - 55 (men 20, women 35)
1st place correctly picked – 100 points
2nd place correctly picked – 50 points
3rd place correctly picked – 30 points
Correctly picking a person in the top 3 but in the wrong position – 25 points
4th place correctly picked – 15 points
Having one of your picks for the top 5 finish in the top 5 in any order – 10 points in addition to the ones above.
Having one of your picks for the top 5 finish in the top 10 in any order – 5 points in addition to the ones above.
- (So if you get first dead on, you’ll actually get 115 points (100 + 10 + 5) for that pick.)
-1 point for each spot that one of your picks in the top 10 is off from its actual spot (but you can’t get negative points on a pick that finishes).
- So if you pick someone 2nd and they finish 7th (or worse), you would get 0 points (5 points for a top 10 pick but lose a max of 5 points for them being 7th or worse) for this person. If you pick someone 2nd and they finish 6th you get 1 point on this person (5 points for top 5 – 4 points for them being 6th instead of 2nd = 1 point total). If you pick someone in the top 5 and they finish out of the top 10 you get 0 points for them.
- 10 points for picks that DNF
If there is a tie overall, the first tiebreaker is who is closest to the men’s or women’s overall winning time. Then we’ll first see who picked the most spots perfectly correctly on either the men’s or women’s side, then we’ll see who had the most runners in the top 10 in the top 10 on both sides of the competition. Still tied? Rock, Paper, Scissors!
You can play for BEER or PRIDE.
If you decide to play for beer, the buy-in is 1 sixer (collection of beer will occur in the week following the contest). You are eligible to win some or all of the six-packs entered. If you decide to play for pride, you don't need to buy-in, but you also won't get anything for the win* (just a warm feeling inside).
*If winner was playing for PRIDE, the beer winnings will go to first BEER person on list.
If there are less than 6 participants in the beer buy-in, we will go with a single winner. If we have more than 6 participants in the beer buy-in, we will go with 1st place (70% of total beer) and 2nd place (30% of total beer).